What are other common names?
- Coenzyme Q-10
- Coenzyme Q10
- Coenzyme Q10
What is this product used for?
Ubiquinone is also known as Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10. It is used by some people to improve heart function and treat heart failure. Others may use it to help lower high blood pressure. Some people believe CoQ10 will help with nerve problems in diseases like diabetes or migraines. Others may take it to help with muscle or nerve problems caused by not enough CoQ10.
What are the precautions when taking this product?
- Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
- This product may interfere with some lab tests. Be sure to talk with your doctor about this and all drugs you are taking.
- Take extra care if you are taking drugs to thin your blood. These are drugs like warfarin (Coumadin).
- Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
What should I watch for?
- Upset stomach
- Stomach cramps
- Loss of appetite
- Change in color of urine
When do I need to call the doctor?
- Signs of a very bad reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Go to the ER right away.
- Very bad throwing up
- Very bad belly pain
- Very bad loose stools
- Very bad headache
- Blood in your stool or stools are dark and tar colored
- Throwing up blood