What are other common names?
What is this product used for?
Glutathione is used by some people with cystic fibrosis to help thin mucus in the lungs.
What are the precautions when taking this product?
- Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
- Avoid beer, wine, and mixed drinks (alcohol) while taking this product.
- Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have:
- Liver problems
What should I watch for?
- Upset stomach
- Stomach cramps
- Increased gas
- Skin becomes red and hot, or flushed
- Weight gain
When do I need to call the doctor?
- Signs of a very bad reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Go to the ER right away.
- Very bad throwing up
- Very bad belly pain
- Very bad loose stools