With summers almost around the corner, this is a good time to discuss everyday practices that can keep you healthy and active during the hot days. While it may be difficult to convert these practices into long-lasting habits in a go, you can always start with one thing at a time to improve on your summer health.
Check out these 7 healthy habits to observe during the summer season:
- Detox every morning. You don’t have to do much. Just take a warm glass of water, squeeze a lemon into it, and drink it down. Do it at least half an hour before breakfast and you’re set.
- Keep the exercises going. As the days start heating up, you might find yourself getting lazier and avoiding any activities that make you sweat; but sweat is good. Plus you need to keep up with an active routine. Make sure you exercise on at least three days of the week. Bring in some fun with hiking, cycling, or even surfing if you want.
- Blend up some smoothies. Summers bring a delicious array of fresh fruits your way. Make yourself healthy smoothies to get the most out of them. You can even try our 4 Healthy Smoothies for that Flat Belly for the perfect summer body.
- Hydrate. You’ll be sweating a lot and the heat can be taxing on your overall health. However, drinking plenty of water will ensure you stay active and healthy throughout the day. Drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
- Get plenty of vitamin D. With the sun out, you’ll have ample opportunity to soak in the sunlight and allow your bodies to make natural vitamin D. Ditch the tanning spas for sunlight. However, save yourself from overexposure – your body can make enough vitamin D for the day in just 10 minutes of sun exposure.
- Dress and eat light. It is important to take care of your diet and your clothing for summer. Wearing dark colors and thicker fabrics will absorb more heat from the surroundings and dehydrate you quickly. Opt for light summery hues and soft, light fabrics. For your diet, increase the intake of fruits and vegetables to maintain healthy weight and bodies.
- Cut down on sugar. Soft drinks, ice creams, and chilled frappuccinos may seem like a great idea given the undeniable summer heat, but they can have a disastrous impact on your overall health. These things contain truck loads of sugar that can add to sweet calories in your body and may result in various health problems.
If you found this post useful, let us know about it. Feel free to add on to this list with habits that have helped you stay healthy during summers.